- Project 19: HandWash Station
- Location: Bong Mines Road, Kakata City, Margibi County
- Construction Date: May 19, 2018, to May 26, 2018
DoSome Foundation is a Nursing Training Institute that caters to the student population of 60.
On November 13, 2017, the Liberian Certified Nursing Assistant School requested the Montan Foundation Development Aid(MFDA) to construct a hand wash station on her campus. The request was based on the backdrop that this campus is being used for multiple purpose training ground; as such, there was a need for high-quality hand wash station to curve the spread of disease through quality hand hygiene practices. Montan Foundation Development Aid consented and constructed said hand wash station early 2018.
Observations/Improvements since the construction:
- Hand hygiene practices have increased from optional to habitual
- Hand hygiene practices no longer restricted to students and staff but all community passerby
- The community served as security for this hand wash station
- Others are asking how they can obtain one for their various schools
- It has added value to our services
- Staff and students are now hygienically confident when coming or leaving campus