Used bmw 6 series convertible
The sub for everything built on the e60 platform
2019.02.08 22:13 BigOldBearHug The sub for everything built on the e60 platform
Everything BMW e60(sedan), e61(wagon), e63(coupe 6series), and e64(convertible 6 series). From the 520d to the ///M5 and ///M6, builds, swaps, problems, questions, it’s all welcome here
2015.08.07 00:34 cnuttin BMW E24
1976-1989 BMW 6 Series (E24) aka "The Shark"
2020.06.27 23:51 petatbo e24
a place to celebrate all things bmw e24 (first-generation of the BMW 6 series)
2023.03.24 08:23 Marhi66 Wert meines Computers
Hallo zusammen !
Ich möchte meinen alten PC verkaufen, aber habe nicht viel Ahnung was der realistische Preis wäre. Als Grund ist Kauf von einem komplett neuen PC. Der Computer ist zur Zeit 6,5 Jahre alt, BildeHardware könnt ihr auch im Link sehen. https://m.alza.at/alza-legend-by-esuba-d4480861.htm
Motherboard - ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
RAM - Kingston 16 GB DDR4 2133 MHz CL14 HyperX Fury Black Series
Grafikkarte - ASUS DUAL GTX1070 O8GB
SSD Disk - Intel 600p M.2 256GB SSD NVMe
Festplatte - WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache
Prozessor - Intel Core i5-6600k 3,5 GHz
CPU-Kühler - Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Front-Paneel - ASUS ROG Front Base
Netzteil - Fortron Hyper S 600
Computerschrank - Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Ver.02
Betriebssystem - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
submitted by Marhi66
to PCBaumeister [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:23 hicareseo Effective methods for mosquito control
Here are some top tips for reducing mosquito infestation at home.
- Lemon and Clove: Infusing lemon with cloves is a tried and tested home remedy for mosquito control since mosquitoes dislike the smell of citrus and cloves.
- Mosquito Repellent Plant: Another option is to use natural plants such as marigold, mint, lemongrass, and tulsi, which are excellent mosquito repellents.
- Soap Water: Keeping soapy water with a layer of lather in various areas of the home where mosquitoes tend to gather is also effective in trapping them.
- Mosquitoes Net: Installing mosquito nets on windows is another reliable method.
- Camphor and Tulsi: Apply essential oils infused with Camphor and Tulsi to the skin is a natural way to keep mosquitoes at bay.
- Electric vaporizer mosquito repellent: Using chemical repellents through electric vaporizer mosquito repellent is the most commonly utilized mosquito control method.
submitted by hicareseo
to u/hicareseo [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:23 Clownzi11a Radioactive Tsunami Threat - It It Credible?
I was reading this story and thought to myself, that just seems like bs. I've seen underwater nuclear tests and it doesn't seem like a nuclear bomb would have enough energy to create a tsunami.
To test this I did some basic calculations which I'd like to ask about here to see if I missed something/ made errors.
It seemed like it might be possible based on the energy values but quite how they'd direct it I don't know.
Everything in metres (I have assumed it's a wave just travelling to simplify I know there is complex bathymetry near the shore :
Width of tsunami let's say 50km or 50000 metres
height of wave 30 metres
length of wave 96000- 482000 m (60-300 miles)
Velocity of tsunami 223 m/s (very surprisingly fast apparently in the open ocean they go hundreds of kilometres per hour!)
So, given these variables the volume of the water is
50000x30x96000=1.4x10^11 m^3 (smaller one)
So the mass (assuming density of water at surface level) is that times 1
To move at that speed kinetic energy is 1/2 x mass x velocity ^2
The largest nuclear device ever detonated the Tsar Bomba, which was a combined fission/fusion bomb
Converting 55 megatons to joules gives this value for energy
2.092e+17 Joules which is two orders of magnitude bigger.
So, it looks like it is possible, but intuitively something feels off (not that instinct every seemed that much good in physics).
Does anyone have any insight into this? It seems like an extremely bastardish weapon to use if it is real.
submitted by Clownzi11a
to Physics [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:23 StartheBulldog First time owner breed questionnaire
Hi there, I hope I’m doing this correctly. I’ve wanted a dog for a long time but assumed I was allergic as I’m deathly allergic to cats. I was resigned to getting allergy shots, but when I went to be tested for the shots, turned out I’m not allergic to dogs after all!
Thanks for your help 🙂
1) Will this be your first dog? If not, what experience do you have owning/training dogs?
2) Do you have a preference for rescuing a dog vs. going through a reputable breeder
I’m not sure. As a first time owner I worry about getting a dog that’s too much for me to handle. I’ve considered adopting a greyhound but I don’t know what kind of trauma they will have suffered and how it would affect them. There’s no guaranteeing a dog’s temperament in any case, though.
3) Describe your ideal dog.
- - needs some exercise but is okay to hang with me on the couch, too
- coat doesn’t require a ton of grooming
- doesn’t bark an excessive amount
4) What breeds or types of dogs are you interested in and why?
Greyhoud/whippet/Italian greyhound- I’ve read articles saying that they make good first dogs for people. Not too hyper, coat doesn’t require a lot of grooming, not major barkers. I’m not wed to these breeds, though- if a different breed would suit me more I’m totally cool with it.
5) What sorts of things would you like to train your dog to do?
- I guess the usual, sit/stay/come. I might want to venture into more training eventually but at first I’ll just want to get acclimated to having a dog.
6) Do you want to compete with your dog in a sport (e.g. agility, obedience, rally) or use your dog for a form of work (e.g. hunting, herding, livestock guarding)? If so, how much experience do you have with this work/sport? Care Commitments
7) How long do you want to devote to training, playing with, or otherwise interacting with your dog each day?
- As much time as possible! I work from home so I can give the dog lots of attention.
8) How long can you exercise your dog each day, on average? What sorts of exercise are you planning to give your dog regularly and does that include using a dog park?
- I’d say an hour. I don’t know about a dog park, probably not at first. (Aren’t some dogs not supposed to go to dog parks?)
9) How much regular brushing are you willing to do? Are you open to trimming hair, cleaning ears, or doing other grooming at home? If not, would you be willing to pay a professional to do it regularly?
- I could give him/her a brush every day. I would be willing to pay a groomer for a deep clean though.
10) What size dog are you looking for?
- I’m open to any size from a bullmastiff down.
11) How much shedding, barking, and slobber can you handle?
- I’m not a huge fan of slobber. Shedding, I could handle a moderate amount. Ideally barking would not be excessive but I know there’s no guarantee for that.
12) How important is being able to let your dog off-leash in an unfenced area?
Dog Personality and Behavior
- That sounds scary, I’d be worried.
13) Do you want a snuggly dog or one that prefers some personal space?
14) Would you prefer a dog that wants to do its own thing or one that’s more eager-to-please?
- Eager to please but is able to amuse him/herself on occasion.
15) How would you prefer your dog to respond to someone knocking on the door or entering your yard? How would you prefer your dog to greet strangers or visitors?
- With visitors- friendly but not too barky or jumpy. With strangers- I’d prefer some barking.
16) Are you willing to manage a dog that is aggressive to other dogs?
- I don’t think so. Not as a first time owner. Again though, I understand that there are no guarantees.
17) Are there any other behaviors you can’t deal with or want to avoid?
- Not that I can think of. Crapping in the house is not great but I’ve accepted that it will probably happen at some point.
18) How often and how long will the dog be left alone?
- Not often, and a couple hours at most.
19) What are the dog-related preferences of other people in the house and what will be their involvement in caring for the dog?
- Husband is into any dog that isn’t brachycephalic. I’ll be providing the lion’s share of the care but he will contribute when I’m not available.
20) Do you have other pets or are you planning on having other pets? What breed or type of animal are they?
21) Will the dog be interacting with children regularly?
22) Do you rent or plan to rent in the future? If applicable, what breed or weight restrictions are on your current lease?
23) What city or country do you live in and are you aware of any laws banning certain breeds?
- Los Angeles. I don’t think CA has any of these ordinances.
24) What is the average temperature of a typical summer and winter day where you live?
Additional Information and Questions
- Winter- 55-60ºF Summer 80-85ºF
25) Please provide any additional information you feel may be relevant.
- My husband travels a lot so I’d like to have a dog for companionship. Also, just protective enough to let a stranger know I have a dog. (I guess to me that just means barking at strangers.)
26) Feel free to ask any questions below.
submitted by StartheBulldog
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:22 Flatulancey Duel Monitor Issue
Hello, hope someone can at least point me in the right direction.
New PC last week (im fairly new to PCs) with Radeon GPU. Today I picked up a second monitor and plugged it in and it worked fine. One in via HDMI and one via DP.
After using for 6/7 hours the HDMI monitor went to ‘no signal’. Tried unplugging an plugging everything in, checked drivers and did fresh install of drivers. Did windows recovery. Nothing.
After it happened the GPU had a hazard symbol next to it, that’s gone now.
Funny thing is when I have both monitors plugged in and boot up - both kick in, when I get to windows the one via DP goes off. However if I boot into BIOS mode the BIOS screen is showing on the DP screen. So I know both work, but for whatever reason both can’t be detected at once.
Any advice would be really appreciated!
submitted by Flatulancey
to techsupport [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:22 doubledoublebubbleb Survived redundancy only to be placed on a PIP because management are bullies.
UK based in my mid-30s. I worked at a relatively small company in their head office for two years that held a contract with a large UK company (over 500 stores). I made a few friends, but ultimately was breaking my back and not getting appreciated so I left.
I started a new job last February. First 4 months were fine, but then my boss started micromanaging us. The work flow became stressful. I felt like I was breaking my back all over again. Sometimes I'd leave work and walk to the bus stop in mild tears because I didn't know how to cope. I'd go to sleep at night and sometimes wake up in a cold sweat because I've had a nightmare about work.
Flash forward to this January where it was announced the majority of the team would be made redundant. My boss already knew this was going to happen so they left the same week it came to light. The whole they'd been secretly working in their notice period. The last thing they did before they left was grade us on our work to determine who would stay. I scored a 2/4 which meant I was due to go. Enough people took voluntary redundancy which saved me from having to leave.
My husband said if I feel like my back is breaking then to scale back. So I've tried taking this advice, but it has backfired and today I've had a yearly review. I'm convinced now that they are using a PIP as their next move to try to eliminate me. Nobody else is going on PIP. These were some of the things mentioned to me:
- Everyone had called out sick so I ate lunch at my desk instead of taking a lunch break. My ex-boss's boss saw the fact that I ate at my desk inappropriate. Didn't care that I didn't take a real lunch break.
- I have been studying really hard to take my British citizenship test in a couple of months. This means I read the study book on the bus to work. I was rummaging through my laptop bag for my work phone and left it out on my desk along with a protein bar, earbuds, and a charger. I got up to go somewhere with my work phone and thought nothing of this. My ex boss's boss took this to mean I had been reading and listening to music at my desk.
- Got called a robot for using automation tasks and told it makes the team look bad. Reflects badly on us for some reason.
- I felt like the workload was too much. When I scaled back, he noticed. He saw this as me being lazy. Even before when I felt my back breaking - nobody saw me as someone going above and beyond. I was seen as someone not applying myself enough. This hurt me and made me feel offended.
- Accused of not working on complex tasks or challenging myself. Accused of taking the easy work and coasting. I don't look at projects as easy, medium, or hard. I do projects as they come in. I just do them without complaint. I don't care if it's easy, hard, long winded, etc. The work isn't going to do itself.
- If I am stuck then I ask for help ALWAYS, but again that reflects badly on me and goes back to how they view me working on complex tasks.
- I have worked in the field 11 years, but told I underperform as if I'm junior. Why even break my back? I'll never win.
- Wrote goals for myself that they considered useless.
- Told the team we could apply for a management position as a way of career progression. I have 6 years management experience from a startup so I applied. They straight up denied me an interview saying I didn't have the right experience and hired someone who had never been a manager anywhere.
At the end of my review I was then advised I'd be on a PIP going forward. I feel like this is their next move to try to get rid of me.
I've had 5 interviews so far and unfortunately 4 of them have said the job has been placed on hold. The other one said too many people with similar backgrounds.
I feel so stuck and lost. I don't really know what to do. I have a mortgage. I can't just quit willy nilly. It's obvious we don't see the same things. I've told two people from my previous job about this and they were shocked. They feel lost without me. Called me the glue of my previous team and the only one who did the work. Think my current work is lying.
I wasn't sure if I could argue about my review or just bite my tongue. What do you guys think?
submitted by doubledoublebubbleb
to antiwork [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:22 slidinglight 6MONTHS FEMALE Baby Shaking Head Frequently
Our 6 month, 6KG female infant will shake and flap her head, and has done so since she was quite young, at about 1 month, when tired or lying down to sleep. We understood as a self soothing type of behavior.
She's on no medication. eats Formula, an is following her growth curve.
Lately, she’s been doing it during more wakeful times, and even when we hold her up. Sometimes it’s when she’s tired, but not always. She’s also just been fitted for a Pavlik harness for her DDH, and is still getting used to it. She’s possibly also teething.
But, since we were late on the DDH diagnosis we don’t want to miss signs of any other issues.
No fever, no pulling or rubbing at ears. She has had diarrhea for about 10 days but it has seemed to have settled.
Here’s a video. https://vimeo.com/811183836/b114fdd699
We don’t suspect autism since she has no other signs suggesting that, though it’s probably too young for it. The mother’s sister has epilepsy, but it doesn’t seem to be a seizure either.
Is it just a physical tic?
We could visit our GP but they won’t say anything of it. In our country you always need to be referred to the pediatrician through your GP and they’re reluctant to do so.
submitted by slidinglight
to AskDocs [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:22 1080p4me New Zippysha.re
Can this be for real?
] Zippysha.re FAQ
. Please report any findings if you stumble upon something against our rules.
What are the limit of uploads? You are free to upload as long as you don't exceed the following restrictions:
Max 20 GB
per file Max 500 files or 50 GB per hour. Max 5,000 files or 100 GB per day. Any restrictions on downloads? No. We do not enforce any form of bandwidth limitations on downloads.
Didn't register, made no account, uploaded a single 6.61 GB .mkv file, got a download link, then downloaded and played fine. So what's the catch? Is this just a clone of Zippyshare or did Zippy just change domains trying to throw the government off the track? Is this real and a viable solution/substitute?
submitted by 1080p4me
to jdownloader [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:21 ozair-qadir [HIRING] B2B Business Development/Sales Enthusiast for a Software and Design Agency
We're looking for someone who has previously done B2b business development for a software and design company/agency. Past experience of 2 to 3 years would be ideal. The individual for this role would be responsible for setting up a business development/sales pipeline. Generating and converting business leads using the pipeline (our technical team will assist) Initially for 2 to 3 months we can work on a commission basis to gauge the performance of the individual.
A bit about my company. Agigo is a digital product design and development agency that provides services in UI/UX, Website, Mobile App dev and Resource Augmentation. Our target market is US, UK, Canada and Europe and we are fully remote company.
We provide our services to funded and non-funded startups and small businesses.
Interested individuals can send me a DM.
submitted by ozair-qadir
to B2BForHire [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:21 LemmeSmash_Please Judge: Evidence supports guilty verdict in Vinton child's drug overdose death
A Vinton woman’s account of her toddler’s death just did not agree with the medical examiner’s findings.
That was the central conflict hammered out again and again Wednesday in Roanoke County Circuit Court. After five hours, the trial of Christiana Leigh Justice ended with a judge’s finding that the evidence supported guilty verdicts on charges of child neglect and felony murder.
Justice, 36, was accused of killing her 15-month-old son Jireh on October 21, 2021 by giving him methadone, a drug that Justice’s attorney, Suzanne Moushegian of Salem, said had been prescribed to Justice for years. Methadone often is used to treat opiate addiction.
Judge James Swanson said that while he was finding that the evidence supported Justice’s guilt, he would delay formally issuing a verdict. He scheduled a sentencing hearing for July 25 and ordered that a pre-sentence report be prepared.
Justice’s trial was a bench trial, with guilt or innocence decided by a judge rather than a jury. The case against her was largely circumstantial but included detailed statements that Justice gave to police, first on the morning her son died, then in a recorded interview two months later.
Justice did not herself testify Wednesday — and the defense put on no evidence — but her words to police became a main focus of the trial.
Roanoke County Commonwealth’s Attorney Brian Holohan called Vinton police officers who testified about being called to Justice’s apartment with emergency medical workers, and about the struggle to revive Jireh. By that point, though, the baby was limp and his face was a blue-gray color, Officer Jeremy Shrewsbury said. Jireh was rushed to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, but was declared dead there.
Lt. Scott Hurt recounted the story that Justice told officers that morning: that the night before, Jireh and his twin brother were congested and running low fevers; that she gave them a painkiller, either Tylenol or Motrin; and that she also gave Jireh, but not his brother, an antibiotic called Fluconazole that was left over from a prior illness.
Hurt testified that Justice told him the boys were put to bed in side-by-side cribs at about 6:45 p.m. and that she slept in another room until Jireh’s crying woke her up at 4:45 a.m. Justice said that she went and calmed him with a bottle of juice, then returned to bed — but Jireh began crying again and continued until about 5:45 a.m., Hurt testified.
Hurt and Vinton detective Sgt. Valerie Cummings, now retired, testified that Justice said she got up at 6 a.m. for work and that when she went to check on the boys at about 6:15 a.m., Jireh was unresponsive and cold to the touch. Justice said she put him on a bed near the cribs and tried to give him CPR, the officers testified.
Holohan played a recording of Justice’s 911 call, in which she repeatedly asked medics to hurry, saying, “My baby’s dying, he’s dead.”
Mark Bennett, a forensic scientist with the state crime lab, testified that investigators sent him the Fluconazole bottle. It held only a pink residue, which proved to contain 10 times as much methadone as it did Fluconazole, Bennett said. More pink residue on the tip of an oral syringe, which Justice told officers she used to administer the antibiotic, also contained methadone, Bennett said.
The inconsistency at the center of the case was highlighted by the testimony of Dr. Amy Tharp of the state medical examiner’s office.
Tharp said that her autopsy found that Jireh was killed by a lethal dose of methadone — and that his death occurred hours earlier than Justice said.
The boy’s body temperature when he reached the emergency room was too low for him to have died not long before that, Tharp said. Also, the contents of his stomach were too intact for death to have occurred in the morning, Tharp said.
Death probably was “closer to dinner than to when he was found,” Tharp said.
Holohan highlighted the discrepancy between Tharp’s findings and the accounts Justice gave to police. Jireh could not have been crying at 4:45 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. — because if he still was alive, his body would have been warmer and his supper would have been digested, Holohan said.
And if Justice was not telling the truth about the timing of the boy’s death, could her denials that she knew about the methadone in the antibiotic bottle be believed, the prosecutor asked.
Holohan said that perhaps Justice gave methadone to her son because she thought it would make him sleep, but gave him so much that it stopped his breathing. Or since the clinic where she obtained her methadone each day limited what she could get, perhaps she had hidden some in the medication bottle, then forgot about it, he said.
Holohan emphasized that he was not accusing Justice of planning her son’s death, but of an “accidental or inadvertent poisoning.”
Moushegian protested that Holohan’s theories were only speculation and said there was no evidence of willfulness, which was needed to support the charges. Holohan countered that in exposing her son to methadone, Justice was showing a willful disregard for his safety.
Justice was charged with felony murder, meaning a killing that occurred during the commission of another felony, which in this case would be child neglect.
“Why couldn’t this somehow be an accident?” Moushegian asked.
The judge scoffed. “How could this be an accident?” Swanson asked. “You’re discouraging speculation but now you’re inviting me to do the same thing.”
In her recorded questioning by police, which was played in court, Justice told Cummings that the father of her children must have put methadone in the bottle to frame her.
Holohan noted that the father, who had his own legal problems, was jailed a week before Jireh’s death. To accuse him of planting the methadone before then in a bid to injure Justice by harming his children, was “fanciful,” Holohan said.
Holohan noted that Justice wasn’t able to tell Cummings when or where she got the antibiotic or which boy it had been meant for, but that she knew it was in her refrigerator.
“She’s giving her child a medication that she has very little knowledge of where it came from. That’s according to her,” Holohan said.
Swanson said that he was finding that Justice put her son in danger.
“She should have known that what she administered contained methadone,” Swanson said.
submitted by LemmeSmash_Please
to roanoke [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:20 varnanrav Can we make a similar list of Indian cars in the used car market?
2023.03.24 08:20 AES202209 AES PV 120W - 200W Modules, you deserve it
| || | submitted by AES202209 to u/AES202209 [link] [comments]
Attention all solar panel enthusiasts! Are you tired of inefficient and outdated solar modules that cannot meet your energy needs? Look no further than the AES PV 120W - 200W Modules
. With their exceptional performance and durability, these top-of-the-line panels are a game-changer for anyone looking to invest in renewable energy. In this article, we will explore why you deserve to upgrade to AES PV modules
and how they can benefit both your wallet and the environment. So let's dive in!
The Benefits of AES PV 120W - 200W Modules
AES PV 120W - 200W modules offer a number of benefits for users, including:
- Increased Efficiency: AES PV modules are up to 20% more efficient than traditional crystalline silicon PV modules, meaning that more electricity can be generated from the same amount of sunlight. This can lead to significant cost savings over the lifetime of the PV system.
- Enhanced Reliability: AES PV modules use less material and have a simpler construction than traditional crystalline silicon PV modules. This results in a more reliable product that is less likely to suffer from breakage or other problems.
- Greater Flexibility: AES PV modules can be installed in a variety of locations and orientations, making them ideal for use in challenging environments or where space is limited.
- Improved Aesthetics: AES PV modules have a sleek, modern appearance that can enhance the look of any home or business.
Why You Deserve AES PV 120W - 200W Modules
If you are looking for a high-quality, durable, and efficient solar panel, then you deserve AES PV 120W - 200W Modules. These modules are designed to provide years of trouble-free service and can handle the harshest weather conditions. They are also backed by a 25-year warranty, so you can be confident in their performance. With their high efficiency, they will produce more electricity than lower quality panels, saving you money on your energy bills.
120W — 200W Modules
How to Get the Most Out of Your AES PV 120W - 200W Modules
If you have an AES PV 120W - 200W module, you're in for a treat. These modules are some of the most powerful and efficient solar panels on the market, and they can provide you with a tremendous amount of energy savings. Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your AES PV 120W - 200W modules:
- Make sure that your panels are properly oriented. The optimal orientation for AES PV 120W - 200W modules is south-facing with an angle of 30 degrees. This will ensure that your panels receive the maximum amount of sunlight possible.
- Keep your panels clean. Dust, dirt, and grime can all reduce the amount of sunlight that your panels are able to absorb. Wash your panels regularly with soap and water to keep them clean and efficient.
- Use a tracking system. Tracking systems follow the path of the sun throughout the day, ensuring that your panels are always in the optimal position to absorb sunlight. This can increase the amount of energy that your panels produce by up to 30%.
- Invest in a good inverter. A quality inverter will be able to convert more of the power generated by your panels into usable electricity for your home or business. This can further increase your energy savings.
By following these tips, you can get the most out of your AES PV 120W - 200W modules and maximize your energy savings.
We hope this article has helped you understand more about the AES PV
120W - 200W Modules and why they might be a worthwhile investment for your home or business. With their impressive power output, range of sizes, and noise-free operation, these modules offer unrivalled performance that will last for years to come. For those looking to invest in top quality solar energy solutions, the AES PV 120W - 200W Modules are an ideal choice.
2023.03.24 08:20 omriha12 Lessons after 1 year on DMing
Hey! After dming a homebrew campaign for 3 friends form high school I wanted to share my experience.
1- As Shia once said "JUST DO IT". I was lurking, dndless, on this sub for to long, if u are reading this and are currently at this status- do that step and start, be the dm, go to your local game store, search social media- the friends I play with are guys I haven't met since we played in middleschool, just do it.
2- Run something that u find fun! I am running a homebrew that I made, the whole world is not finished and my players love it. if u would love the world u are running, your passion translated into the game and imo it will make it better.
3- STEAL- if I like something and I think it will fit into the game- guess what I'm not fazed by copyright since this is my home game and I'm not making money and if a lawyer shows up riding a dragon leading an army of dollar golems inside my game it will just be cool. no really, come at me. In all seriousness, as matt colvile said- a writer is only as good as the obscurity of his references. (or something like that).
4- TREADMILL- I'm an accountant and I work full time. I don't have time to write the lore of every snail and stone that is in my world. The world u make needs to exist just beyond the horizon. have references for things the pcs didn't know- but that does not mean it needs to be flashed out.
5-SECRETS- I know its tempting, but never ever tell anything to your players EVER. DO NOT rob your players the experience of living inside your amazing world through their characters. it will be tempting sometimes, but its like that one extra shot of whisky, u think it would be great, and when u do it its great, but a second after u get that bad feeling, and later that night u regret it.
BONUS ROUND- Fudge dice rolls when u feel like u are rolling too bad or too good. Use kids to make your pc's feel cool (practice WOAH sounds in private). don't be afraid to say no when the answer is no. don't be afraid to kill a pc if they do something very dumb- it makes your world feel real and the dangers feel dangerous (if the pcs can get away with murder, guess what, they will murder). Finish with a bang! every good thriller tv show does it, finish with the stakes high!
BONUS BONUS ROUND- The best feedback is your PC's reactions. The third roll of death saves, 2 AM, the druid is down and rolling, 2 fails. He rolls- its a 6. They all say the dice hit the hand of another player and there should be a reroll. I say no, remembering that the druid has inspiration- he rolls again, its a 15. They all scream and cheer. THIS, is the greatest feeling in the world. This is why we do it. When they ask till what level is the campaign- getting excited then I tell them 20, I know I did a good job.
submitted by omriha12
to DMAcademy [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:20 AutoModerator [Get] Chase Reiner – Short Form Riches Bootcamp 2023 – AI ChatGPT Bot
2023.03.24 08:20 musamban Career Fairs
Career fair season is coming up so in hopes of helping someone who was as clueless as I was, I want to give my two cents/experience with career fairs that I wish someone told me when I was in undergrad (I've embarrassed myself multiple times at my school's career fairs). For context, I was in civil engineering with a 3.1 gpa at a state school in New England.
- Don't EXPECT to get hired on the spot. 99% of the time they will take your resume but tell you to apply online. I have heard of people getting hired at career fairs but I imagine they have very high GPAs or other outstanding circumstances.
- Don't feel nervous, you're not there to pitch yourself to companies, you're really just window shopping and getting an idea of what certain companies specialize in. Ask questions that you genuinely want to know the answer to about the company/field.
- Use them as an opportunity to learn about the field and network when you talk to the people at the tables. I've actually learned a surprising amount of technical info from 5 minute conversations at random booths.
- Some companies you give your resume to will save and file your resume. If they do, and you apply there in the future, they will remember you and may bring it up in the job interview, this happened to me and it was very awkward because I forgot the guy's names.
- Companies pick the people with the best interpersonal skills at the company (or alumni) to work at the booth. So if these people suck, the company is probably even worse.
- The list your school gives you of all the companies is a good place to start if you want to cast out a wide net and send out applications to a bunch of places.
- It doesn't hurt to add the people you talk to on LinkedIn.
- Try to get business cards from the booths in case you feel inclined to send a follow-up email (also helps you keep track of which companies you talked to).
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.. maybe some of these are obvious, and maybe some you vehemently disagree with but hopefully at least one person benefits from my list
submitted by musamban
to EngineeringStudents [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:19 Old-Tangelo275 It's time to face the facts
2023.03.24 08:19 Soctrum Horsefield and Hemp Bedding - Opinions?
I've had my little horsefield tort for about 6 months and my old man had him for over a decade or so prior (I think he's about 13) and owning the lil guy is awesome.
Over the 6 months I've built him a new house, purchaser new T5 UVB and heat lamps to make sure he is as happy and healthy as can be but one area I'm still unsure about is a suitable substrate. For the past 10 years or so the tort had a bedding of "tortoise substrate" dirt from pets at home but I find this becomes smelly pretty quickly and with the much larger tort table I built it's become rather expensive to swap out so I'm looking for alternatives.
This week I settled on ProRep Hemp Bedding which says it's specifically for reptiles and torts. It ticks all my boxes and it works out just a quarter of the price from the bags of dirt. I can also pile it nice and deep and lil guy seems to love burrowing deep in a corner at night. Seems like a win all round.
Over the past few days I've read a few horror stories online about hemp bedding resulting in expensive vet bills or death from ingestion so now I'm panicking a bit.
Can someone shed some light with perhaps personal experience using ProRep Hemp Bedding or hemp bedding in general? Is it safe to use or is it not worth this risk?
To be safe I have 75L of coconut coir arriving today just in case I need to swap it out. If I knew how to attach a pic with this app I would :)
submitted by Soctrum
to tortoise [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:19 too_tall_jones_ Just finished the franchise!!
My girlfriend showed me the entire Steven Universe franchise over the past few months and I’m honestly speechless. This is the kind of show that I wish I had growing up and I’m incredibly sad to have missed out as it was airing. Here are some general thoughts I have on the whole franchise after my first watch through!
1) This show easily has the best backgrounds in cartoon history
2) Best Voice Acting goes to Deedee Magno Hall as Pearl
3) It’s Over Isn’t It is the best song, and Best Vocal Performance goes to Deedee Magno Hall for this song (Yes I think she did better than Estelle, Patti LuPone, and Susan Egan)
4) Here Comes A Thought is the most overrated song
5) Other contenders for best song include Change Your Mind, Stronger Than You, Other Friends, True Kind Of Love, and Happily Ever After.
6) Rose did plenty of things wrong, but she’s still a good person.
7) Jasper had it coming, fuck that bitch. (Seriously how does anyone like her?)
8) Change Your Mind is one of the best series finales in all of TV.
9) Spinel’s story is great but she was underused in my opinion.
10) The most interesting character arc easily belongs to Pearl.
Overall I absolutely love this franchise! 10/10! I’m very excited to be a part of this fan base, if you have any other questions don’t be afraid to ask! <3
submitted by too_tall_jones_
to stevenuniverse [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:17 shinyklefkey Takasugi Shinsaku Lines
|Takasugi Shinsaku (Archer) ||Lines |
|Summon ||Hey, I’m Takasugi Shinsaku, Archer extraordinaire, the miraculous hero hailing from Chōshū. I’m a dependable guy, if I do say so myself, so you can count on me all you like. Spare me the boring fights, though. Well, not like you’ll have to worry about that... Why, you ask? Because, there’s no way things won’t be exciting as long as I’m around! |
|Level Up 1 ||Shinsaku, a man who can grow leaps and bounds, is in your care! |
|Level Up 2 ||If you haven't seen a man for three days,1 you know the rest. Better not miss out on my innovations, okay? |
|Ascension 1 ||How do I look? Handsome, huh? You think so too, right? I was the hottest guy around even in Chōshū, you know. Go ahead and compliment me, no need to hold back. |
|Ascension 2 ||Hm? No change of outfits this time? Boring. Let's move on to the next ascension already, hurry. Personally, I look forward to seeing how my looks will change. |
|Ascension 3 ||Hahahahahaha! I totally look like an evil mastermind, huh? I'm even dressed in black, too. At this point, I might as well act like one and create an evil army. Of course, since you're the one brought me this far, you'll collaborate with me, right? It's only natural. |
|Ascension 4 ||"Let us make an uninteresting world interesting."2 I don't know if there's such a thing as truth in this world, but as long as life is interesting, that's good enough for me. That much I'm certain of. That's right, no matter how much people laugh at us, let's continue down the path we believe in! |
|Bond 1 ||Hey, isn't there a more exciting way of doing this? If you gotta do it anyway, might as well have some fun with it rather than it be boring. That's what it means to live a pleasurable life. |
|Bond 2 ||Anything is fine so long as you get moving, if you want to achieve something, that is. Doesn't matter how smart someone might be, a slacker can never beat a fool who takes action. If you're also free and unsure of what to do, you might as well give it a try. Well, if you fail I'll cheer you right back up, so don't worry and push forward. |
|Bond 3 ||I'm bored out of my mind. Mind if I leave Chaldea for a bit? Oh, don't worry about me. I've defected from my domain so many times I'm used to it. I can't? Why not? I mean, there's things you can learn when you get out there. What do you say? How about you and I create our own Neo Chaldea? I'll be the boss, and you can serve the tea. Hahahahahaha, now that sounds rather exciting. |
|Bond 4 ||People these days live for money and fame, but you seem to be different. Living neither for money nor fame, huh... Hahahahaha, I never imagined someone like you could exist in this day and age. No, perhaps it was for that reason, fate that I appeared before you. Yeah, I'm feeling a bit sentimental, huh. Forget what I said. |
|Bond 5 ||"If a promise of immortality exists in death, one should always choose death. If a promise of great deeds exists in life, one should always choose life."3 It might be a bit hard to understand, but it's basically saying there will be times where one has to risk their life. But I guess you're risking not just your life, but the fate of humanity, too. Heh, interesting indeed. I'd like to tag along for the ride. Oho, refusing me isn't going to change my mind. You and I are like the vines on a burning mountain. Even if the vines aboveground are severed, the roots will stay intact.4 Come, let's go as far as we can. Together you and I are going to turn this world upside down! |
|Dialogue 1 ||We're heading out! Where, you ask? We can think about that after we get outta here. Just follow me! It's going to be a great time, I guarantee it! |
|Dialogue 2 ||Our Master-Servant relationship? If you want me to do as you say, you should give up. To put it simply, I've always had a hard time shutting up and listening to other people. If you want to make the most out of me, the best thing you can do is to let me do whatever I want. Yup. |
|Dialogue 3 ||Master and Servant, eh... I know it's too late to say this, but it sounds a bit old-fashioned, feudalistic, even. So, why don't you and I throw these out-of-touch labels aside? |
|Dialogue 4 (If you have Sakamoto Ryōma [Rider] or Sakamoto Ryōma [Lancer]) ||Hahahahahahaha! Still shady as ever, I see, Sakamoto-kun. Even so, it's a strange coincidence, meeting you here again. Oh, Master-kun, you better watch yourself around him. You never know what this guy's thinking. Although, I have to admit the world would be a boring place without men like him around. |
|Dialogue 5 (If you have Okada Izō) ||Okada-kun, is that you over there? Hey, come on, there's no need to run away. We used to have fun back when we were in Edo, right? ─── With my money, that is. How about it? It's been a long time, let's get drunk and party tonight. Don't worry if you don't have any money, our Master will provide the funds. Right? |
|Dialogue 6 (If you have Izumo no Okuni) ||Hey, Okuni-kun. Long time no see. Huh? "We parted ways on good terms but it's ruined now?" I suppose you could say that. Anyway, if you're free, how about sleeping into the morning with me this time? What? "I shall have to decline?" Hahahahahahaha! That's a shame! |
|Dialogue 7 (If you have Charles Babbage) ||Who is this gentleman? Steam-powered armor? That's amazing, so he's literally a gentleman of steel? I'd love to take a closer look at that armor. |
|Dialogue 8 (If you have Minamoto no Tametomo) ||Is he some kind of secret weapon developed by Chaldea or something? Huh? He's the armored warrior of Genji? By Genji, you mean THE Genji? I can't believe it. The legendary Hachirō Chinzei was a robot, that's fascinating. I wonder if I can become a cyborg too or something. Can you do it, Chaldea? |
|Dialogue 9 (If you have Utsumi Erice or Summer Erice) ||Long ago, our nation of Japan was created from Takamagahara, where the two gods Izanagi and Izanami stood at Ama no Ukihashi and used the Ame no Nuboko ─── What? You have the Ame no Nuboko? That girl possesses it, although it’s just a replica? Hahahahahaha! Excellent! I'll have to take a look. I'd like to swing it around a bit if that's okay. Hm? What was up with that story I told in the beginning? Oh, nothing, really. That's just what I do when I want to obfuscate the topic. |
|Dialogue 10 (If you have Okita Sōji, Saitō Hajime, Yamanami Keisuke, Okita J. Sōji, or Hijikata Toshizō) ||The Shinsengumi, huh... I don't really get along with them after the Ikedaya and Hamaguri Gomon Incidents...but I suppose this is another example of enemies joining forces. Wait a minute. I think it might be fun to incorporate them into the Kiheitai as the "Shinsentai." Just what I need, and if I reinforce them... Yup, this could be quite the fun. |
|Dialogue 11 (If you have cleared CBC 2023) ||"This far in, what is there to say? The late cherry blossoms flutter away, carried by the winds of my hometown. At last, I follow my teacher's footsteps in Noyamagoku."5 ...No, it's nothing. Just muttering things to myself. |
|Likes ||What do I like? Exciting things, of course. Huh? You're tired of hearing that? That's not good. You almost make it sound like I'm not an exciting person. A dilemma, indeed. Let's start by doing something exciting, something that will blow you away! |
|Dislikes ||What do I dislike? Well, in terms of food, I'd have to say pufferfish. Oh, well, I've never actually had it before, so it's not like I like or dislike the taste. It's just, dying from pufferfish toxin doesn't seem like a nice way to go, does it? |
|Holy Grail ||A Holy Grail that can grant any wish? That sounds intriguing. Hearing about it, it's obviously not a virtuous relic, no matter how you think about it. Alright then, give me one or two of those Holy Grails. I'll show you uses for it that you never thought possible. |
|Event ||There's an event underway...? Why didn't you tell me sonner? I've got to get my hands into every interesting thing that comes my way. Of course, I'll show up uninvited even if you don't call on me. |
|Birthday ||Birthday? Whose? Yours? Oh. So? Ah, you want a gift. Well, I didn't prepare anything in particular, but...I know, I'll play you a song instead. I'm pretty good with my shamisen. Yeah, looks like this is gonna be fun. If that's decided, prepare for the party! |
|Takasugi Shinsaku (Ascension 0-2) ||Lines |
|Battle Start 1 ||I've kept you waiting, my friends! I, Takasugi Shinsaku, shall lead you all to victory! |
|Battle Start 2 ||I'll show you right here what real Chōshū men are made of! |
|Battle Start 3 ||Looks like this is gonna be a boring fight... Whatever, I just need to spice things up myself! |
|Skill 1 ||"If the heart believes, then through the tongue it shall speak."6 Or so it goes. |
|Skill 2 ||If it's fun, then it's just! Amirite? |
|Skill 3 ||My friends, let's make this interesting! |
|Skill 4 ||Yaaawn... Boring. |
|Command Card 1 ||Yeah, I'm listening. |
|Command Card 2 ||I'll handle this. |
|Command Card 3 ||Very interesting! |
|Noble Phantasm Card 1 ||Just in time. I've got an idea. |
|Noble Phantasm Card 2 ||Yeah, this is the moment of truth. |
|Noble Phantasm Card 3 ||You want to see my trump card, don't you? |
|Attack 1 ||Mhmhmhmhmm~ ♪ Hyah! |
|Attack 2 ||There! |
|Attack 3 ||Take this! |
|Attack 4 ||Takasugi Buster! |
|Attack 5 ||Hahahaha! Fire, fire!! |
|Attack 6 ||Just a minute! |
|Attack 7 ||This ain't your everyday shamisen! |
|Attack 8 ||Let's go, Proto Arahabaki! |
|Attack 9 ||By the way, I'm good with swords, too. |
|Extra Attack 1 ||Here's the highlight of today!! |
|Extra Attack 2 ||Let's finish this off with a bang! Shinsaku Striiiike!! |
|Extra Attack 3 ||Now then, I'm going to have to ask you to leave!! |
|Noble Phantasm 1 ||"As long as the will exists, no matter who they are, anyone can be reinforced into a great warrior."7 This is my Noble Phantasm, the Kiheitai! Now, obliterate every single era, Arahabaki!! |
|Noble Phantasm 2 ||Alright, my friends! Let's turn this utterly boring world upside down! Charge, Super Restoration Kiheitai!! |
|Noble Phantasm 3 ||"Even if my body decays on the fields of Musashi, my Japanese spirit will live forever."8 Yep, let's get crazy! Super Restoration Kiheitai!! |
|Damage 1 ||What the hell!! |
|Damage 2 ||Ow! |
|Damage 3 ||I'm not as strong as I look! |
|Damage 4 ||Tch! |
|Defeat 1 ||Good grief, what have I done... Well, at least this beats dying on a tatami mat... |
|Defeat 2 ||Which idiot said he'd lead everyone to victory and all that crap... Heh, me, that's who...! |
|Defeat 3 ||True pleasure lies in suffering... I guess this isn't the time to say that... |
|Victory 1 ||Man, that was a lot of fun! Call on me any time you get fights like these! |
|Victory 2 ||Victory is ours! Takasugi Shinsaku reigns victorious yet again! Sucks to be you, losers! If you're feeling down, then get lost!! |
|Victory 3 ||Well, that was boring than I expected. This wasn't even worth the effort. You're not even going to undergo a transformation, an awakening, or whatever? No? Oh, well then. |
|Takasugi Shinsaku (Ascension 3-4) ||Lines |
|Battle Start 1 ||Alright everyone, we're gonna blast it for everyone to hear! That the great battle for the Meiji Restoration Upheaval is to come!! |
|Battle Start 2 ||Hahahahaha! The Kiheitai have arrived! Let's open up this era and our way! |
|Battle Start 3 ||"Let us make an uninteresting world interesting." That's right, let's sing, fight, and have fun to our heart's content!! |
|Skill 1 ||Okay, I got the general idea! Innovation! |
|Skill 2 ||I'll take a quick breather then. You should calm yourself down too. |
|Skill 3 ||Humans will always be humans, I will always be myself! As long as things are exciting, that's good enough for me!! |
|Skill 4 ||Let's play the song of life!! |
|Command Card 1 ||Hahahahahahaha! |
|Command Card 2 ||Very well! |
|Command Card 3 ||That's what I'm talking about! |
|Noble Phantasm Card 1 ||Alright, let's turn this entire place upside down! |
|Noble Phantasm Card 2 ||Time to set off some flashy fireworks! |
|Noble Phantasm Card 3 ||From here on, I shall show you everything there is to know about Takasugi Shinsaku! |
|Attack 1 ||Don't move! |
|Attack 2 ||Just like a storm!! |
|Attack 3 ||Takasugi Mega Buster!! |
|Attack 4 ||Lightning!! |
|Attack 5 ||Like thunder!! |
|Attack 6 ||You're in the way!! |
|Attack 7 ||Interesting!! |
|Attack 8 ||Let's burn it up!! |
|Attack 9 ||Hahahahahahahaha!! |
|Attack 10 ||Open the way!! |
|Extra Attack 1 ||Face this opportunity and adapt to the occasion!! |
|Extra Attack 2 ||This here is the finishing blow! Machine God Upheaval Cannon! |
|Extra Attack 3 ||Hahahahahahaha! Obliterate it all!! |
|Noble Phantasm 1 ||"I want to kill the crows of the Three Thousand Worlds, and sleep with you into the morning."9 Let's destroy everything, sing the praises of a new world, and dance merrily! Now, awaken! Super Machine God Arahabaki!! |
|Noble Phantasm 2 ||"When you hear our name it strikes fear, when you see us it strikes disgust. But we the Kiheitai are happy to be by your side!"12 That's right, this is my dream! My everything! This is my Meiji Restoration!! |
|Noble Phantasm 3 ||"Even if my body decays on the fields of Musashi, my Japanese spirit will live forever." Yep, now's the time to let loose and go crazy! Super Machine God Arahabaki!! |
|Damage 1 ||Hahahaha! I feel alive!! |
|Damage 2 ||Whoa there! |
|Damage 3 ||There's a limit to what I can take!! |
|Damage 4 ||Hgh! |
|Defeat 1 ||You're kidding, why me...! I was just about to have some fun too...! |
|Defeat 2 ||What...? But this battle...is far from over... |
|Defeat 3 ||Figures...this wasn't...entertaining at all...! |
|Victory 1 ||Hahahahaha! Did you see that!? That was Takasugi Shinsaku's battle!! |
|Victory 2 ||Yeah, did you see that, guys? I'm fighting...in this world gone insane... |
|Victory 3 ||It's over now... Cough! Don't...die just yet, Shinsaku...! |
- "If you haven't seen a man for three days..." : The original idiom is 「男子三日会わざれば刮目して見よ」or "If you haven't seen a man for three days, pay close attention to him." Meaning anyone can change or develop drastically in a short amount of time.
- "Let us make an uninteresting world interesting." : A poem written by Takasugi. The original is「おもしろき こともなき世を おもしろく」but it can also be interpreted as, "Live interestingly in an uninteresting world."
- "If a promise of immortality exists in death, one should always choose death..." : A message from Yoshida Shōin sent to Takasugi before he was executed for the Ansei Purge.
- "You and I are like the vines on a burning mountain..." : The original poem written by Takasugi is 「わしとお前は 焼山葛 うらは切れても 根は切れぬ」or "You and I are like the vines on a burning mountain. Even if the vines aboveground are severed, the roots shall remain intact." It was sent to Yamagata Aritomo after the battle at Kōzanji.
- "This far in, what is there to say? The late cherry blossoms..." : A poem Takasugi composed whiled jailed in Noyamagoku for leaving his domain.
- "If the heart believes, then through the tongue it shall speak." : Another quote from Takasugi.
- "As long as the will exists, no matter who they are, anyone can be reinforced into a great warrior." : Another quote from Takasugi.
- "Even if my body decays on the fields of Musashi, my Japanese spirit will live forever." : A poem Yoshida Shōin wrote shortly before his execution in 1859.
- "I want to kill the crows of the Three Thousand Worlds, and sleep with you into the morning." : Another poem written by Takasugi.
- "When you hear our name it strikes fear, when you see us it strikes disgust.." : A song Takasugi composed to promote the Kiheitai to the masses.
submitted by shinyklefkey
to grandorder [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:17 Dfinedental Dental Laser Treatment in Dilsukhnagar
| || | submitted by Dfinedental to u/Dfinedental [link] [comments]
Hey if you are looking for the best dental laser treatment in Dilsukhnagar
, look no further than Dfine Dental Hospital
. They offer a safe, effective, and painless dental experience that will leave you with a healthier, whiter smile thanks to their cutting-edge equipment and qualified staff of dental professionals.
The use of dental lasers has completely changed how dentists tackle dental issues. The best aspect is that they are largely painless and provide a quicker, more effective solution to treat tooth problems. Modern dental facility Dfine Dental Hospital in Dilsukhnagar provides the best dental laser therapy available nearby.
Dental Laser Treatment
The best tools and technology are used at Dfine Dental Hospital to guarantee that patients receive the best care possible. Dental lasers are used by their team of skilled and knowledgeable dental professionals to treat a range of dental issues, including gum disease, tooth decay, and teeth whitening.
Being a minimally intrusive process is one of dental laser treatment's most significant benefits. Laser treatment does not include cuts or stitches like conventional dental procedures, so patients feel less pain and discomfort during and after the operation. Dental lasers are also more precise, which reduces the possibility of collateral harm to the tissues in the area.
The lower risk of infection is another benefit of dental laser treatment. Dental lasers' high-energy light beams sterilize the region being treated, lowering the risk of infection and accelerating healing.
A variety of dental laser procedures are provided at the Dfine Dental Hospital, including laser cavity identification, laser gum surgery, and teeth whitening. Their team of skilled dental professionals, who take the time to explain each stage of the operation and address any questions patients may have, carry out all of their treatments.
Click Here for More Info: https://www.d-finedental.com/ Or Contact Us:
Related Searches: dental hospital in dilsukhnagar
, best dental clinic in dilsukhnagar
, pediatric dentist in hyderabad
, root canal treatment in dilsukhnagar
, root canal treatment in hyderabad
, wisdom teeth removal treatment in dilsukhnagar
, teeth whitening treatment in dilsukhnagar
, pediatric dentist in dilsukhnagar
, dental veneers in hyderabad
, smile makeover treatment in dilsukhnagar
, teeth braces in dilsukhnagar
, dental implant surgery in dilsukhnagar
, dental crown treatment in dilsukhnagar
, dental laser treatment in dilsukhnagar
, all-on-4 dental implant treatment in dilsukhnagar
, all on 6 dental implant treatment in dilsukhnagar
, zygomatic dental implant treatment in dilsukhnagar
, facial aesthetics treatment in dilsukhnagar
, dental aesthetics treatment in dilsukhnagar
, fixed teeth in a day treatment in dilsukhnagar
2023.03.24 08:17 athayadr How I Enter the Crypto Space #GateioBountyCreator
It started from 6 years back... I was searching online jobs on internet in my free time. Then, one day I found an online telegram group which really gave me an opportunity to know about Crypto Currency. These group were discussed about 'RaiBlocks' which now rebranded to 'Nano'. I was very excited, I sent request to the admin immediately to join them.
I read all about Raiblocks whitepaper so that I can understand what actually this project is. This job was special, It uses the concept of 'proof of human work'. As a team, we were doing something called 'captcha-secured faucet' and then received coins as the rewards. it called XRB/Mrai. But sadly... after 3 months, high pressure on the faucet and internal issues within the development team resulted in the closing of the Raiblock's faucet. Of couse we were sad & confused, but life must go on.
As I continued to learn more about the world of Crypto Currency, there were so much chance to get money from it. I found another job as a Bounty hunter. One year later I already got so much rewards from Crypto and now I continued my life as a Crypto Trader.
submitted by athayadr
to GateioExchange [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 08:14 centermpos What Is a Point-of-Sale？ Quick to Understand POS Terminal
| || |TABLE OF CONTENTS submitted by centermpos to u/centermpos [link] [comments]
- What Is a Point-of-Sale？
- The Evolution of POS
- How much does a POS device cost?
- How can I find the POS terminal for my business?
If you are a merchant or retailer, the point-of-sale is an indispensable part of your business before starting up your business. So what is a point-of-sale, and why is POS essential for a store? Through this article, you will get the answers to these questions.
1.What Is a Point-of-Sale？
Many people talk about POS systems; the first reaction is the cash register. To a large extent, there are many differences between them. The POS system is the way to complete the payment transaction. Traditionally, the main method of payment was through the cash register. But now, with the development of the times, the modern POS system is a combination of hardware and software. The hardware is normally called POS devices that help merchants or retailers to complete the transaction payment, while the POS software is to help merchants manage payment information, product inventory and even customer database.
POS hardware includes but is not limited to the cash register, barcode scanner, Pin pad, receipt printer and credit card reader. All the devices are designed for the completion of payment.
In the initial period, POS machines were very clunky and slow, but the machines evolved over time flies.
What is POS 2. The Evolution of POS
POS devices have been in use for a long. James Ritty, an American retailer, created the first POS in 1879. When he discovered that his workers were keeping the money his company was bringing in.
He gave the device the distinctive moniker "Ritty's Incorruptible Cashier," which is arguably more memorable than the name of today's IT device, which is more often referred to as a "cash register."
In 1973, IBM created the first computer-driven cash register, which is similar to what we have now. It was the first time that the catering industry used a computer-based POS system on a commercial basis.
In 1984, McDonald's began implementing William Brobeck's POS machines in its restaurants. It is the first microprocessor-controlled cash register.
By integrating a physical button for each item on the menu, the POS terminal system accelerated the ordering process over time. Also, it was the first time a POS could be connected to so many different devices, giving the fast-food chain the ability to manage data and receipts with ease.
At that time, because POS terminals were bulky, in some high-end restaurants, restaurant managers normally hid them. In the 1990s
In the 1990s, as computers developed, the first e-POS was launched in 1992. In the same year, Martin Goodwin and Bob Hendry jointly created the first Retail POS software for Windows, which sparked the creation of POS apps for Microsoft's OS as well as Unix-based operating systems.
In 1993, MasterCard and Visa unveiled the EMV standard for the credit card industry in Europe, which is utilized until now.
In the 2000s
In the early 2000s, the POS started to evolve as a result of computer development and sophisticated network development, which led to the function of POS beyond just processing sales transactions, while also can scan items, calculate discounts and totals, to complete the whole process of commodity payment.
At the same time, with the development and advancement of technology, the total cost of POS machines has decreased. With the cheap price, POS machines have gradually entered the market. Cloud-based POS systems were also developed at the same time.
In the 2010s and Today
Since 2010, modern POS systems have changed significantly, enabling company owners to easily manage both front-end and back-end operations. By integrating high-performance CPU, barcode scanner, cameras, touchscreen, and Android system,
to realize sales management, inventory management, customer management, and even marketing campaigns.
For instance, makers in the POS sector primarily advertise Android smart POS
. This type of POS has great adaptability, a wide range of accessories, and upgradeable software. Most Android software can be installed and used on POS with fine-tuning, the total cost is low and affordable.
Centerm k9 series 3.How much does a POS device cost?
The price of a POS system is determined by the hardware, software, and payment processing fee. POS hardware prices vary from $0 for a basic card reader to more than $1200 for an entire retail register. It also varies from one business to another, and particularly, it is dependent on the user's purpose and frequency of use. The price of the Smart POS normally is between $90-150, while the cost of the cash register varies from $500-1200.
In addition to hardware devices, accessories are also a very important part of POS terminals. Here is the common types of POS hardware accessories.
- Barcode scanner. A barcode scanner reads an item's product details and is used to ring up transactions. They help verify information like a product's price, how much stock you have on hand, and other specifics. There are two different kinds of barcodes: 1D and 2D, which can both be scanned by 1D and 2D barcode scanners respectively. Centerm commercial code scanning box S35 supports both 1D and 2D barcodes while also supporting high-speed code recognition ability.
- Cash drawer. If you don't only accept cashless payments, you'll need a place to store the cash that consumers use to purchase your goods. Cash draw normally works with the cash register.
- Soundbox. It is very useful in small retail. Customers can use a smartphone to scan the QR code plate to make the payment, and simultaneously, thesoundbox can broadcast the payment information. It reduces the checkout time during rush hours.
- Receipt printer. With the development of the POS industry, many POS machines and cash registers have built-in printers, but there are also some portable POS, such as mPOS, which do not have their own printers. Therefore, if the customer needs the receipt, the business owner still needs to prepare an additional invoice printer.
- Charging Dock. For some large shopping malls, the number of transactions exceeds 200 per day. To ensure the stability of transactions, some managers choose a charging dock to ensure that the POS machine has 100% power all the time.
For the software
, many retailers have their own POS system and have technicians for maintenance. But for some small and medium-sized companies, if they do not have their R&D staff, they can purchase existing payment software. The monthly cost ranges from $0 to $150 depending on the function. Processing fee.
Payment processing fees vary between 1.5% and 3.5% per transaction. The charges usually vary slightly based on online or offline payment and payment provider.
4.How can I find the POS termianal for my business?
A good POS terminal can not only meet the daily requirement of merchants but also be able to complete many tasks such as product management, membership management, marketing etc. When selecting the ideal POS device, keep the following things in mind:
- Usage Frequency. How many customers a day? How many transactions a day? If the transactions exceed 100/day, should I purchase a large battery POS or a charging dock? If the transaction volume is large, consider a POS terminal with a large battery capacity and fast printing speed printer to avoid rush hour congestion.
- Purpose. What is your purpose in purchasing a POS? Only for payment or other management requirements. If only for the transaction, you could consider the traditional POS, while choosing Smart POS for management purposes.
- Price. Although it is not absolute, the price basically determines the product's quality and function. When purchasing a POS machine, the price is also a very important consideration.
After confirming the above considerations, you can contact your local POS dealer to make the purchase. You can search "local POS dealer" or "POS dealer+ your location" through google, you will find the list. Or, you can contact Centerm sales representatives here([[email protected]
)) to get your POS sample.
*Centerm has 20 years in the POS industry, with market areas covering all around the world.